For those seeking for PhD Studentships abroad, there are wonderful opportunities out there to avail in the UK. United Kingdom’s best and top-ranked university offers this marvelous opportunity. These are the best PhD studentships in the UK for you. This is an opportunity for 3.5 year PhD position that will be supported by NSG Group towards the computational discovery of new materials to increase the performance of PV devices and forms part of the larger and massive collaboration with NSG across the discovery of the latest materials for the glass industry. If interested, you may apply for the PhD Studentships at the University of Liverpool. Let’s now check out the details.
Information about PhD Studentships at the University of Liverpool
The PhD Studentships are offered in the ‘Discovery of Materials for Enhanced PV Performance’. The research area is chemical sciences and you will be studying in computer science, faculty of science and technology. It is a funded studentship.
About The University of Liverpool
It is a public research university located in Liverpool in the UK. Founded in 1881, the university got its royal charter in 1903. The university is also popular to be one of the six ‘red brick’ civic universities. It received a horde of students from around the world each year.
Details about the PhD Project
This doctor of philosophy project will discover the application of existing computer science methods and algorithms in addition to developing unique (novel) ones to automate the processing of features and their combinations to make predictions of different properties of materials.
Under the studentship, the student will work very closely with computer scientists, physicists, inorganic chemists, and material scientists to generate tools to make predictions with materials that could exhibit desirable properties.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Studentships at the University of Liverpool
- Students are welcome to apply who have a preferably 1st or 2.1 class BSc or equivalent in computer science, mathematics, or physics.
- It is not a requirement to have previous experience in developing machine learning models (or chemistry) though it is required that the candidates possess strong skills in programming and math.
- The opportunity is open to students from around the world (home, EU, and international students are eligible to apply).
- The successful candidates will receive 50% funding from NSG Group and 50% funding from the University of Liverpool via an EPSRC Doctoral Training Partnership award and will pay tuition fees plus a maintenance grant for the period of 3.5 years.
- The award provides full tuition fees and a stipend of around £17,668 (it is an old rate from the 2022 year) full-time tax-free per annum for living expenses. It should be noted that the stipend costs (quoted) are for students commencing from October 1st, 2022 and it will increase a bit each year with inflation.
- The studentship funding also comes with a research budget and training budget expenditures of £1000 per annum, and for those that happen to be eligible. Students will also be offered and encouraged to undertake teaching duties for the department for which they get training and payment.
Deadline to Submit the Applications
The last date to submit the applications is 17th March 2024. It is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to Apply for PhD Studentships at the University of Liverpool
If you think you should apply for this opportunity, you are advised to visit the official call and learn all details before applying. Submit the applications according to the instructions mentioned on the official call.
CURATED FROM: GrabAScholarship