To mobilise young researchers for further study of the Silk Roads shared heritage, UNESCO has come up with the Silk Roads Youth Research Grant. It will be awarded for the academic year 2023-2024.
International researcher from all countries can apply for this grant. They must be no more 35 years of age to be considered. Applicants must undertake research in the field of Silk Roads and present a research proposal for the same. On the basis of the evaluation of the research grant, up to 12 researchers will be awarded this grant. Each grant is worth $10,000.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that was established in 1945 in London. The organisation’s main priorities for the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals and the improvement of the human condition.
UNESCO is aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, arts, sciences, and culture. It contributes to peace and security by promoting international cooperation in education, sciences, culture, communication, and information and also promotes knowledge sharing and the free flow of ideas.
Application Deadline: Applications can be made until 31st May, 2023.
- University or Organization: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate research
- Award: $10,000
- Number of Awards:12
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: International country students.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate level research in the field of Science and Technology and Traditional Knowhow, Religion and Spirituality, Language and Literature, Arts and Music, Traditional Sports and Games, Economy and Trade, or Silk Roads Legacy and Contemporary Issues or similar/related can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be 35 years of younger.
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be submitted as per the applicant’s respective university or college. Students applying for the grant should be submit research proposals in English by e-mail to: [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to prepare a well-drafted research proposal on the theme subject.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have the necessary academic qualifications or work/experience to back their application if required.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must be fluent in the English language. They may be required to provide proof for the same.
UNESCO will select 12 researchers and will award them a grant worth USD $10,000 each, which will be awarded in two instalments.
CURATED FROM: Scholarship-positions