The Coronavirus pandemic has hit the hearts of plenty nations including that of the United States of America, leaving every government with no choice of suspending immigration in and out except for very special people. This move by top countries have been considered worthy to help stop the spread of the Coronavirus while working on its treatment vaccine.
Right now, nobody really knows when will COVID-19 stop. However, here is an idea that I would like to propose based on my personal experience.
Today, I was on a call with a close relative of mine. She told me that some of their relatives from different localities have assembled at her home, playing cards to socialize and pass time during the lockdown.
Now, obviously, it is an extremely wrong thing to do because it defeats the whole purpose of a lockdown and puts everyone else at risk. If this continues, we won’t be able to control the spread of the disease.
On further talking to her, I realized that she and her family hardly have any knowledge about COVID-19 and how it spreads. I had a long 20-minute call with her where I explained to her why social distancing is important, why an overwhelmed healthcare system is the reason for deaths in Italy and why her actions are putting their parents and children at a huge risk.
She realized that she was completely unaware of any such COVID-19 prevention measures. All she knew was it is just another flu-like disease that won’t impact her much. She has requested me to spend time explaining her family the same thing tomorrow.
Did you observe anything?
People are not careless. They just lack awareness.
If 2 out of 4 agree and explain to 4 others, and the chain continues, in just 10 days, more than 2,000 people would be educated about COVID-19. It is the bare minimum that we as an educated person can do to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Talking about those seeking for VISAs to migrate to other countries, it would be a stupid move to embark on, knowing fully well how the virus is all over the world. Avoid immigration for now and focus on working from home while things subsides.
Here are the 4 key pieces of information we need to clearly convey:
- COVID-19 is especially dangerous for those who are above 60 years of age because of reduced immunity.
- People who are not coughing or feverish can still be infected because at times it takes 14 days for the symptoms to show up. These people, however, can still infect others.
- A large number of people in Italy died primarily because the Healthcare system did not have the capacity to serve so many patients. Our country will also face the same issue if the disease spreads because we also have a limited Healthcare capacity.
- The way to control the disease from spreading is to stay at your home and do not go out. It will work only when all of us follow this philosophy.
- Lastly, do not think of Immigrating anytime soon, till things get back to normal